Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Back to the Trenches: Starting Over

Weight: 238.0 pounds

Well, I have now gained 10 pounds from my set point at Thanksgiving. Unlike the past when I would say "I don't know WHY I've gained the weight", I know exactly why I've gained it back. I've lost touch with the whole foods diet I had enjoyed (and I really DID enjoy it) during my time on the 12-week Somae Plan. The past couple of weeks of illness, a LOT of stress and too much ice and snow to run outside have gotten me out of my rhythm.

Excuses, I know...but the truth.

So, I'm getting back to it hard core tomorrow. I have reposted my goals and recommended meal planning guide ( I forgot how wide-open it really is). I'm going to hit Whole Foods Market for some of the staples (raw sunflower seeds, fresh made peanut butter, coconut milk) and plan a day or so ahead for my meals.

The other thing I'm doing is, in late February, I will be going back on the hCG injections and Very Low Calorie Diet. I know that some are still a little concerned about that decision (or will be when they read this), but there are both physical and psychological reasons for my decision. The hCG, in addition to curbing cravings and helping burn fat, made my sleep cycles much more regular. With regular sleep cycles, I was going to bed at 9 or 9:30 and sleeping through the night. Now, I'm sitting awake until 12:30 or 1:00 a.m. and, while watching tv or working on the computer, I'm munching on whatever snack I can find...and it has included some pretty odd things, none of them "healthy".

I'm also going to recommit to my running regimen once the ice melts, and will use the treadmill in the meantime. The Flying Pig 5K is just around the corner.

2 comments:

  1. And if you still aren't "wanting" to go to sleep, remember to go ahead and turn off that tv and computer. The "blue light" coming from them actually affects your sleep cycle. For a while there I gave myself a set time I had to turn both off. It worked. And then I started keeping them both on...and now I'm back to bad sleep cycles myself. Need to follow my own advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erin. Easier said than done. I'm usually getting work done (while on the computer), but just need to do it.

    ReplyDelete