Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Good Week of Training, but...

I actually had a good week of training this week on the Couch-to-5K program. My distances and times continue to improve. Despite some muscle pain during my interval sessions, I was able to stretch and avoid any post-run soreness. I'm breaking my new shoes in and getting used to the way they feel. I've also been doing some research on running form to ensure that I'm not running the "wrong way" (which I was), so I've been able to address some of those issues as well.

Unfortunately, my weight has spiked this week. In looking at it, I think the reintroduction of some particular carbs and a decrease in my sleep at night are taking their toll. I've also developed--or rather, redeveloped--a painful (and embarrassing) condition that will probably put a damper on my schedule. Let's put it this way, I can walk and probably run but sitting is a BIG problem. As of Saturday, I'm back on a whole foods diet with as much fiber and water as I can get. I purchased a stylish pillow to sit on today, and will be visiting the doctor sometime this week to see what my options are.

No comments:

Post a Comment