Monday, December 13, 2010

Phase 4, Day 1: Good-bye Somae Plan, Hello Somae Life!

Weight: 230.0 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 44.6 pounds

As the saying goes, "Today is the first day of the rest of my life." After 12 weeks, I have reached my goal of 230 pounds--down from a starting point of 274.6 pounds and an all-time high of 285 pounds in May. I've reached this goal, but have not finished with living a healthier lifestyle full of nutritious foods, exercise and a commitment to avoiding many of the triggers which led to my weight gain in the first place.

Someone close to me asked in the last couple of days, "So, when is the diet over?" I was a little taken aback by the question since I had thought that the idea of a "lifestyle change" was self-explanatory. Today I have officially completed the first 3 phases of the Somae Plan. I am now on Phase 4, which is really my transition into a non-managed eating and exercise regimen. I don't have prescribed menus or supplements anymore, but it's now up to me to make the changes permanent.

The next several days will be full of reflection as I look back at my 12-week milestones and setbacks and try to make a map for myself moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment