Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Phase 4, Day 2: The Power of Mentors

Weight: 229.6 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 45.0 pounds

Today was my final telephone call with my Personal Somae Mentor, Lisa. She has been a great coach and cheerleader along my 12 week journey. We've had our differences, but she has always been in my corner even if others were not. I've heard that there are some other weight loss programs that use a mentor-like person to guide you through the process, and I think that the personal attention is important. It's difficult to explain to someone who hasn't experienced a 500-calorie diet or who hasn't had to do an "apple day" exactly how you're feeling, but a mentor can be an incredibly useful tool to get through it.

I hope that some of the information that I've shared thus far through this blog has been half as useful as the guidance I've received from Lisa. But never fear, I'm not going anywhere...the blog will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment