Wednesday, December 22, 2010

So Now What?!?

After losing 45 pounds and changing my eating habits, I decided to challenge myself to run in the Flying Pig 5K on April 30, 2011. I registered online on Monday and have been looking at some training programs for the last week or so. I finally chose one...Couch-to-5K (C25K). It's a 9-week training program that gradually builds from a mix of walking and jogging to a full 30-minutes (or more) of jogging. It is a 3-days-per-week regimen and requires between 20 and 30 minutes each time, so it's quite manageable even in a busy week.

Tonight I did my first 25-minute workout. I covered a 2.7km route in just 23:10--which would have me at 42:30 for a full 5K race. All of this on snow and ice covered sidewalks and side streets!!! I actually felt pretty good throughout the first 2km. At about that point my heart was beating so hard I took one "jogging" rotation off and extended my walking time, but the next time around, I was right back to it.

So, in addition to my weight tracking on posts, I will now also start tracking my jogging distances and times.

This is SO MUCH FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment