Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Phase 2, Day 35:Tortilla Chips=1, Me=0

Weight: 242.2 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 32.4 pounds

That's right, up 3 pounds from yesterday. Why? Well I did eat close to 5 pounds of apples and drank a little over 4 pounds of water, but that should have cleared out by this morning. I went on a snack food bender last night. I ate some tortilla chips....a lot of tortilla chips. So many that the only reason I think I quit was because I had scraped the sides of my mouth by shoveling them in so quickly that the salt began to burn my lips.

I can't ever remember a time where I ate so much yet was so unsatisfied. Maybe it was that I was having a rough night. Maybe it was because I was bored after getting the kids to bed. Maybe it was because I was mourning the loss of the House of Representatives....I don't know, but I just couldn't stop.

Needless to say, I have felt like crap all day today. I have said it before, but I have never had very strong willpower. For the first several weeks of the Somae Plan, I never really even felt tempted to binge, so I didn't really consider the willpower aspect. But now, I have no choice. I don't want to feel like this. I don't want to sabotage or erase another day's worth of progress, let alone 8 weeks of progress.

Please remember me in your prayers, meditation, or other form of reflection of asking of blessings. I have another 2 weeks, give or take, until I finish the weight loss portion of this program...and I need all of the Divine intervention I can get.

3 comments:

  1. When you feel bored go out for a 30 minute walk, or if you have a treadmill in your house jump on it, turn on a television program you want to watch and walk at a casual pace, 1.5, for 45 minutes. After that you will be sleepy and ready for a shower and bed. Additionally, if you give yourself a binge day, which I don't recommend, plan it. Plan some healthy things like nuts, yogurt, cheese omelet and on the binge day DO NOT take the shot. There are alot of healthy things that taste great you can eat that are low carb. Everyone needs a binge day you just have to be smart about it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reintroduced to my treadmill ("Hello, Mr. Treadmill. Please don't kill me."). We've had some pretty coold/cold days here in southern Ohio the last couple of weeks, so I've had to do more inside. I've managed to get my 30 minutes of exercise in almost every day, but the tv idea is a good one. It's worked for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.. good for you. There is a site called Cool Running and if you're interested in learning how to run it has a section for beginners. Let me know if you're interested and I will post the link. The treadmill is your friend.. just keep repeating it and stroke the treadmill and you will be fine... LOL... Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete