Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Phase 3, Day 13: Post Thanksgiving Recap

Weight: 229.6 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 45.0 pounds

I survived the Thanksgiving glut pretty well, gaining only 1 pound over the entire weekend. In fact, this was the first time I can remember a Thanksgiving dinner where I didn't feel absolutely sick afterward. I had turkey and some cranberries, steamed green beans, some veggies from a relish tray...and I was good. In all honesty, I did partake in having a homemade yeast rolls made by my mother-in-law, but I had promised myself one before we even left for the trip.

For those of you in Ohio, you already know what the weather has been like...almost 7" of rain in the last week, so my amount of exercise has suffered. I did however get to take one brief walk down a country lane while at my in-laws. It included a hill I wouldn't have dared walk for pleasure anytime in recent memory. While it was a leisurely stroll with my wife, I had no troubles breathing, no muscle cramping, no fatigue. I felt exhilarated and refreshed...AFTER exercising. It was an amazing feeling, though I decided that I definitely needed some better shoes. I bought a decent pair of shoes this afternoon and can't wait to try them out.

I had a great call with my Somae mentor Lisa today. Her positive attitude has been a great counterbalance to my sometimes cynical/grumpy mood. Since I've been hanging at the -45 pound mark for a little over a week, she challenged me to make the -50 pound milestone. I'm convinced I can do it, and am recommitting to make it happen this week. My official last day on the Somae Plan is December 12, but it's still only just begun...a lifetime of healthier living is still ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment