Thursday, November 4, 2010

Phase 2, Day 36: Peeing Like a Racehorse

Weight: 241.2 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 33.4 pounds

Well, I've managed to move the scale downward again. I ended up having more than a gallon of water yesterday (that equates to just over 8 pounds), so I must have managed to flush myself of a lot of the excess salt I consumed on Tuesday night. Unfortunately, I think that I may have a pound of mucus and phlegm in my head and chest this morning because I am sicker than a dog. Seasonal allergies have been a problem for me since my early 20's, but the last 8 weeks had been pretty good and I had been pretty asymptomatic even without my daily antihistamine, but WOW, this morning I'm feeling pretty rough.

Though I won't go into details here (sorry, a little TOO personal), I've developed some bad habits in my attempt to lose weight and keep losing weight. Let's just say I can now understand the emotional, psychological and even physical responses that many (especially young women) in our society deal with when considering self-image and weight. One of the key components of lasting weight loss (and lifestyle change) is recognizing my "triggers" for eating and over-consumption, but I'm having difficulty identifying those events or situations that have led to the last few days of snacking. So, I'm going to make some phone calls today to see if I can have someone else help me talk through it.

Before anyone gets concerned, I'm in a good place mentally and emotionally. I want to make sure that the changes that I have been able to make over the past 7 weeks are permanent ones and that I don't fall back into old habits, or worse yet, develop some that are even less healthy than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment