Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Phase 1, Day 6: Let the Good Times Roll!

Weight: 253.0 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 21.6 pounds

The measurable weight loss has begun again, losing another 2.4 pounds since yesterday morning. I'm a realist and I know that this kind of drop won't (and can't) happen every day, but it is a real psychological boost when it does.

A point of clarification on yesterday's post which included a reference to the hCG injections I'm taking. While I mentioned that the hCG hormone can "stem cravings, hunger pains and tiredness," I failed to mention HOW it does this. hCG is a hormone responsible in pregnant women for ensuring that their embryo/fetus are receiving enough nutrition by permitting the body to burn stored fat and turn it into energy for both mother and baby. In my body, it is allowing me to burn between 2,000 and 2,500 calories per day of stored fat. This, combined with the 500-600 calories I'm consuming through food, means that I'm actually burning about 3,000 calories per day--hence the fact that I'm not feeling tired or hungry during the day.

Again, if you're finding these posts helpful, or even just entertaining, please support me in the Somae Challenge at http://www.somaechallenge.com/?p=202

No comments:

Post a Comment