Friday, October 8, 2010

Phase 2, Day 9: Passing 250

Weight: 249.6 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 25.0 pounds

Milestones are everything. I met two of them this morning by getting below 250 pounds for the first time in probably 8 or 9 years and by having lost 25 pounds in the last 24 days.

That being said, yesterday was a rough day. I switched up my menu by having strawberries instead of an apple and by having cucumbers at lunch rather than some other vegetable. My blood sugar was out of balance for most of the afternoon so I was a little cranky and had periods of lightheadedness when I would exert myself much at all. I did end up having an extra piece of fruit last night and it seems to have worked as I do feel better this morning. I'm going to keep an extra apple or orange on me at all times from now on just in case.

My wife and I are having a night out tonight, so it will be my first foray into restaurant dining on my very low calorie diet (VLCD). It certainly is not recommended to eat in restaurants on this phase because of all of the hidden calories and fats (not to mention temptations) on a restaurant menu, but I will choose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment