Monday, October 18, 2010

Phase 2, Day 19: 30 pounds in the books

Weight: 244.4 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 30.2 pounds

I passed 30 pounds this morning. The past few days have been pretty good as I've been averaging just over a pound lost per day and I'm still feeling great. Two of the "complications" I had been experiencing earlier in this phase, namely constipation and hemorrhoids, have finally passed (so to speak). There are a few things I've tried to do to avert those uncomfortable side-effects: I've increased my water consumption back up to at least 3-quarts of water per day, I've inserted about 30-minutes of walking each day, and I've begun taking an herbal tea in the evenings that contains Senna leaf, among other things, which has a gentle (and natural) laxative effect so everything comes out a lot easier.

I even had an opportunity to have a small piece of birthday cake yesterday (though I passed on the ice cream) for my grandmother-in-law who turned 90 years old. It's amazing how sickeningly sweet cake and icing can be...though I'll admit, I would have loved to have more.

No comments:

Post a Comment