Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Phase 2, Day 13: On the road again

Weight: 249.4 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 25.2 pounds

Well, I appear to be off the plateau, losing 0.8 pounds since yesterday morning. Eating nothing but 6 apples yesterday was rough, but not in the way you might think. I had trouble finishing them all, but I've definitely learned that I like firm apples more than softer ones and going from a "Golden Delicious" to a "Granny Smith" can be quite a shock to the tastebuds.

So what have I learned from this experience? I now recognize what emotional eating looks and feels like, and that it doesn't make you feel better in the long run. I realize that when I "cheat" on this Phase of my weight loss, I'm only cheating myself. I've also learned how important support from family and friends can be in making it through difficult spots on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment