Monday, October 11, 2010

Phase 2, Day 12: Trying to Jump Off a Plateau

Weight: 250.2 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 24.4 pounds

I'm reminded of one of my favorite views in the world. In the Beartooth Mountains of Montana is an area known as "Hellroaring Plateau". It gets it's name for the ferocity of the storms that form over the mountains and roar across the largely flat area. As beautiful as it is, it's not someplace you want to get caught when the storm is bearing down.

For the past several days, I've been stuck on a plateau of my own. I knew they were possible, and even likely, in my weight loss program but it has become extremely frustrating. After several weeks of 1+ pounds of average daily weight loss, I've become stuck at the 250-pound mark now since Friday. This is partially of my own doing through a weekend of minor indulgences, but at the same time nothing I've been trying to do has worked. Add to that, I'm having HORRIBLE seasonal allergies today.

So, today's effort, recommended by my personal mentor Lisa, is an "apple day". Rather than my typical Phase 2 diet of 2 servings of protein, 2 veggies, and 2 fruits, all I'm having is 6 apples and water. Hopefully this will restart the weight loss. I'm about halfway through the day and still feeling fine. I'm going to experiment with an apple/cinnamon bake this evening just to mix it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment