Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Phase 2, Day 28: Candy Season

Weight: 241.8 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 32.8 pounds

I've never been a big candy eater. My weaknesses have always been salty snacks and bread. In fact, we still have Halloween 2009 candy sitting around. But while my cravings and impulses to eat salty snacks and bread have diminished (or disappeared altogether), my impulse to have candy or something sweet has increased.

My boss's office is always stocked with mini candy bars. I walk into a drug store or supermarket, I notice the candy at the checkout lane that I would have passed by without a second thought in the past. And now, Trick-or-Treat season is upon us. My 3 (almost 4) year old is going on a trick-or-treat outing with school today and I'm chaperoning. He and his younger brother will be going out again on the 31st, which is also a day after his 4th birthday full of cake and ice cream. Temptation is all around me, but alas, I am resisting.

One of the things that has helped is that my weight is moving downward again. A second thing that has helped are HONEYCRISP APPLES. I don't know if these are a new variety or if I have just discovered them, but they are amazing. Each one at my local supermarket is about 3/4 of a pound (or more) and bigger than a softball. Since I can eat only two apples a day on the current phase of the Somae Health plan, I'm making the most of it. Super juicy, super sweet and SUPER CRISP, these apples help stem the tide of sweet cravings.

Note to self (and everyone else), you don't have to let go of my butterfinger. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment