Thursday, October 14, 2010

Phase 2, Day 15: "Get Over It"

Weight: 247.4 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 27.2 pounds

I've managed to move my weight downward again and after taking measurements on Tuesday night, discovered that I have lost 19.8 inches so far. I had stayed at the same weight for two days which is pretty frustrating, but I was reminded, however, that at least I wasn't gaining weight and that I was feeling good, so "get over it." That's exactly what I did.

This journey has been quite an adventure. I'm 1/3 of the way through Phase 2, referred to as the "Accelerated Weight Loss" phase. That means 1/3 of the way through my 500-600 calorie per day diet. I'll admit that I can't wait to be able to eat more substantial food each day, but it's more that I would love to have the option of eating more.

I'm not hungry, though I am noticing that I am having cravings a little more frequently...but my cravings have changed. Before I started the Somae Plan, I craved salty foods--pretzels, potato chips, etc. Now, I crave sweet foods. I am able to eat fruit each day, so I try mixing my choices between apples and strawberries when I can and that stems the sweet cravings.

I've also had some VERY specific cravings, and some of them are very odd ones for me. I jokingly say that it's the hCG--the natural hormone produced by women during pregnancy and which I am injecting 6 days per week as a part of my weight loss regimen--coursing through my body. The cravings aren't as strange as pickles and ice cream, but things like tomatoes...I HATED raw tomatoes before I started this weight loss, but now I really enjoy them. I've also been craving more than anything (and it literally hits me at least once a day) a cheese coney. For those of you from Cincinnati, you probably understand. I'm a Gold Star guy and, living on the West Side, have become a fan of Price Hill Chili...both of which make a KILLER cheese coney. These are the only two restaurants that I will drive by and undoubtedly get the desire to pull in.

So, my solution is to try and make a healthier alternative at home this evening. I have some 94% fat free ground beef thawing in the refrigerator and when I get home, I'm going to try a Cincinnati-style chili recipe that fits within my calorie restrictions....Mmmmmmmm, cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment