Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Phase 1, Day 1: The First Day as a Whole

Funny story...I made this beautiful salad for lunch, super healthy, and by lunchtime I was really needing some food. What was the one thing I forgot to pack? A fork. I ended up eating my creation with a plastic spoon.

So, it's a little after 9 pm on the first day. I'm pretty tired, but feeling ok. I survived the first day on the whole/raw foods diet. Was I tempted to eat unhealthy? Definitely. As I wrote to my Somae mentor, Lisa, "I passed every fast food restaurant known to man." And I have probably stopped at every single one of them at least once. The principal at my school also keeps a ready supply of chocolate on the table in her office. I jokingly reached for the bowl in a Homer Simpson-esque "chooooclattttte*slobber**slobber*" and then stopped. She looked at me, despite being busy with a million other things, and said "I'm so proud of you," and then proceeded to tell two other staff members about my commitment to this program.

I also have to thank all of my Facebook friends who have been cheering me on over the last couple of days. It really means a lot. I even have one old friend from high school who has challenged me to see who can lose the greatest percentage of weight over the next 12 weeks, with the loser cooking dinner for the other's family.

Tomorrow is Day 2. I will provide some more information on the Somae plan (without divulging the secrets) since it's a relatively new program and I had a REALLY hard time finding good information about it aside from their own website.

Cheers!

1 comment: