Saturday, September 18, 2010

Phase 1, Day 5: My First Weekend

Weight: 263.4 pounds
Total Weight Lost:11.2 pounds

Today was my first weekend day on my Somae journey. I had mixed feelings about it. In one way, it should be easier to prepare meals and stay on a schedule, but at the same time, I'm surrounded my temptations. We have never had a house full of junk food, but there are plenty of options that would be outside the bounds of my current menu guidelines, especially with 2 young kids at home. Goldfish crackers, pretzels, "animal gummies"...tempting, but no go.

However, my boys are seeing the foods I'm eating and are starting to take part. My 3-year old has eaten a whole apple each of the last two nights. My 18-month old ate 1/2 of a pretty large granny smith apple tonight. They're also enjoying the sunflower seeds and even tried the pumpkin seeds (which were not such a hit, especially since they're not salted at all).

I had hoped for a little more weight loss since yesterday (only 0.6 pounds), but I also thought about it and can't remember the last time a scale was reading under 265 pounds, let alone 263, so I'm still upbeat. My energy levels and overall mood are GREAT, but still managed to squeeze in a nap this afternoon. Yay for weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment