Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Phase 1, Day 9: How Much is Too Much?

Weight: 257.6 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 17.0 pounds

I have now lost 17 pounds since my initial weigh-in 13 days ago. I've had several people ask me, "Is it healthy to lose weight so fast?" I know that I had always heard that 1-2 pounds per week was "healthy", and the Mayo Clinic also supports that figure. All I can say is that I feel amazing and I'm definitely not starving myself. My best guess is that I'm getting between 1100 and 1200 calories a day right now, but those calories are so nutrient dense and fiber rich that I'm getting everything I need to nourish my body and to help my digestive system (and by extension my liver and gallbaladder) heal and repair from all of the chemicals, saturated and trans fats that my diet consisted of before adopting the whole foods menu. As I have said before, I haven't felt this good in a long time. I have enough energy to go through the day without problems and still get some work done around the house in the evening.

Over the next week, my diet/menu will change a few times, but I'll be posting here to give you all of the ins and outs including my two day liquid fast that coincides with my hosting a community-wide brunch on Saturday morning. Today's menu change? The 1 serving of whole grain I was allowed for the first 8 days is now off the menu. Bye-bye dry toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment