Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Phase 1, Day 8: Melting Away

Weight: 259.2 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 15.4 pounds

When I weighed myself this morning, I had to do a triple take. 2.2 pounds since yesterday? Under 260? I even had to have my wife come in and weigh herself so that I could make sure the scale was resetting properly.

I've tried a number of diets in the past, most of them a complete waste of time and energy. The one on which I had the most success was Atkin's, famous for it's low carb-high protein menu. On that diet in 2004 I lost about 15 pounds in a month or so, but felt pretty crummy and hated that I smelled like bacon all of the time (although a little bacon sounds good right now). This time I've lost that same amount of weight in just 13 days and I honestly can't remember the last time I felt this good. Better yet, I know that I have eaten NOTHING which could be remotely considered harmful or unhealthy...by ANYONE.

The most amazing part is that I haven't even hit the "Accelerated Weight Loss" phase of the Somae Plan. I'll be posting much more about that phase as I get a little closer (it starts on September 29), but I am SO excited. Before I started, I set a 12-week goal of losing 45 pounds and a lifetime goal of 75 pounds. If I continue on this pace (which the realist in me knows is not likely), I could reach both goals easily before the end of my 12-weeks. I could be back close to my high school graduation weight...at 35 years old. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment