Friday, September 17, 2010

Phase 1, Day 4: My First Disappointment

Weight: 264.0 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 10.8 pounds

This morning gave me my first disappointment...only a 0.2 pound weight loss since yesterday. But, as I posted yesterday, I didn't really expect any less after my splurge at the Indian restaurant for lunch. If I were in a weight maintenance plan (i.e., trying to keep the same weight), I succeeded. However, since I am trying to lose the weight, I definitely need to remember yesterday.

It actually shouldn't be that hard to remember as I felt like "you know what" all afternoon, almost like I had a lead weight in my stomach for about 4 hours. It did allow me, however, to find inspiration for the title of a future posting: "Everybody Poops".

Well, I have drop-off duty for my kids this morning, and am running late, so I'll post more later. I'm actually adding a new "nut & seed" to my repertoire today...fresh organic peanut butter.

2 comments:

  1. Good learning experience - but you didn't GAIN! You've been inspiring me with healthier choices throughout the day, by the way. Getting back into my exercising a bit, and a little bit more moderation in my eating. Just a nice little reminder for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erin. You're right, I didn't gain (which was my fear), and it was definitely a learning experience. Today's apple and organic peanut butter snack was DELICIOUS, I just finished my salad for lunch, and the fresh raspberries for an afternoon snack also look really good. My oldest son this morning told me that he wanted an apple for an afterschool snack when he gets home (instead of his normal "gummy fruit snacks" or Goldfish crackers).

    ReplyDelete