Thursday, September 23, 2010

Phase 1, Day 11: Cayenne Pepper is HOT!

Weight: 256.2 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 18.4 pounds

Today is the beginning of my two day liquid fast. The lemon/maple syrup/cayenne pepper drink is tolerable, but after 2 hours, the pepper is really packing a wallop. Each sip is hotter than the last, and I can feel it going all the way down. As I posted yesterday, the goal of this fast is to further cleanse my digestive system and to draw more toxins from my organs and bloodstream. Largely, it's going to work by having my kidneys work overtime to filter out all of the bad stuff.

I've done liquid fasts before, and have twice had to do rapid cleanses prior to having a colonoscopy. I definitely remember feeling better after the process was complete, but the process itself can be less than fun. Remember, what goes in must come out.

I asked my Somae mentor Lisa yesterday if I should stay close to a bathroom today. She responded by email, and I could tell she was laughing as she typed, that the biggest "issue" I could expect was having to pee...a lot.

I won't be posting a second time today, but will be back bright and early on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment