Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Phase 1, Day 16: Adding a Healing Day

Weight: 255.6 pounds
Total Weight Lost: 19.0 pounds

Today is my sixteenth day on the Somae plan, but because of some slip-ups on Day 13, I've added another day to Phase 1, referred to as "Nutritional Changes and Digestive Healing" in Somae parlance It wasn't a required addition, but in consultation with my Somae mentor Lisa, we decided to add this extra day to cleanse a little bit more of the salt and other not-so-good-for-you stuff I ingested earlier in the week when coming off of my liquid fast.

I'll be eating basically the same things I had in the first 10 days of the Somae plan, whole foods with a little protein added in at breakfast, lunch and dinner. In addition, I've been drinking a LOT of water. I had been averaging between 76oz and 92oz of water per day during the first 12 days, dipped to under 64oz on Day 13, but have made up for it with more than 120oz (1-gallon) per day on Days 14-16. Although it can be inconvenient to have to pee every 30-45 minutes, I know that I'm flushing a lot of salt and other stuff out. I do have to say, though, I haven't had a problem with dry skin in more than 2 weeks.

How am I feeling today? Kinda crummy. My energy levels are down a bit, but I'm not sure whether it's physical or psychological. My appetite is down a bit, too, so I haven't been eating as much today.

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up Pardner!!!!!!!!! Let's kick some NA's (NA-sodium)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aamir, did you have to look that up (NA=sodium)? Thanks! Feeling a little better after a snack this afternoon, but will definitely be excited to eat a little more tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete